Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

The No Guilt Nap – I Knew It!


Yeah!!! NAPS ARE BACK BABY & GOOD 4-U!  


Just 20 minutes of daytime shut-eye can improve concentration – restore alertness, enhance performance and reduce mistakes & accidents.  NASA did a sleep study on military pilots & astronauts and found that a 40 min. nap improved performance by 34% and alertness by 100%.

Napping had great psychological benefits – it can be a pleasant little luxury.  Provide relaxation and rejuvenation.  So needed in this fast paced world - don’t you think? 
Many top Fortune 500 companies encourage naps – have napping rooms - check out other cultures you see it done without hesitation.  

When my kids were young and I put them down for naps - I often rested too for just 20-30 minutes and boy what a difference it made.  I have been pushing myself a lot lately (as I am sure you are as well) Seems always something to do, somewhere to go, someone to see, etc... and it has taken its toll.  So I am  reinstating nap time!!!  Join me -  don’t let the stigmas associated with naps keep you from it.  You will thank me later - I promise!

So bring on the afternoon snack, grab your blanket, eye-mask, walk away from the computer and catch a few Zzzzz’s. 

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY,
XOXO LORI