Closet cleared out & now the fun part - building new wardrobe! I am a lucky girl in that @ home I have my office/ TV room & attached is a little piece of heaven my dressing / spa area. (pictures on my Instagram) Here is where I get to let my creativity shine! Play with all my things mix and match... take pictures - try new products - dress up - paint etc... So it is the perfect spot to really see what works on me and what doesn't. As time goes on - obviously what I wore 10 years ago mostly doesn't work ...yet i want to stay trendy, confident & sexy. By now we know our bodies & hopefully making piece with it ( work in progress for me - LOL ).
I am petite only 5"3 so this requires specific tricks key word... tailoring! However I feel tailoring is key for all women - as our bodies change we want to highlight our positives. It can be the success or failure to your look. Having a trusted tailor is a must at my age quite frankly. It can make an inexpensive TJMAXX find look designer. As well as that great piece you acquire fit like a glove.
So what i do is tuck, trim, cut and alter a large portion of my wardrobe, including jeans, dresses, T-shirts... You get the idea.
Below are some Spring/Summer things I just added to my newly cleaned closet - I went to Lord & Taylor and stumbled across a great sale. Good pieces that don't break the bank. Yet fit my age and body type - This is the start of my "short list" of wardrobe essentials... classics with a modern twist. ( gonna skip the LBD white shirt etc... goes w/out saying) -
PS.I'd love to hear what your "GOTO" pieces are
- Trench coat - 1black / 1 tan http://www.lordandtaylor.com/fs/double-breasted-belted-trench-coat.shtml Wonderful deals today!!!!!
- Dark dress jeans - slight boot cut - dress up or down
- Shirtdress - white / black/ chambray - perfect casual sexines
- Fitted denim jacket - perfect for all ages / seasons
- White jeans - http://www.victoriassecret.com/clothing/?ProductID=91078
- Wrap dress - different colors Black of course but ck out MUST of week - just ordered it - color is fantastic