Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Night Dinner Party.....

Good Morning,
TGF - Now who doesn't know that every great wife should know how to throw an amazing dinner party - right?  Ok sounds a little old fashioned but I do love all the etiquette, place settings, dinnerware, choosing the playlist, dressing up etc. for hosting company in my home.  We have not done it often in our new home so It's a lot of fun for me.  Give me an excuse to add to the accessories in the house (like I need an excuse).
every "great wife" my foot!
I came across this book to help me organize parties big and small - save mementos - add photos - really savor the whole experience of Entertaining.  I ordered my copy tonight in hopes of having it before "Holiday Season" really kicks off.  

You can organize all your best planning ideas in this entertaining book. Record 77 menus and seating plans plus sections for large parties, guest records, favorite caterers, florists and other helpful resources. Personalization available, $97.00. - See more at: www.Graphicimage.com- Entertaining Book.  They also have lots of other engravable binders, books, travel accessories that I am lusting over right now!

I am looking through my many "Martha Stewart" books as well as a vintage Emily Post book my favorite sister inlay Michele got me a few years back.  However todays little get together was sprung on my with less than 24hrs notice.... but it should fun.  My other sister in-law Andrea, her husband Todd and our good friends the Parkers - Dave and Amenia who are in town from India for a few weeks will be our guests tonight.  They have not seen our new home.  So I am gonna go candle & flower crazy! I will light candles over the fireplace, up the stairs, dining room table, everywerhe I can.  I love the glow it puts in a room and everyone looks more beautiful by candle light don't you think?  Not sure what I will wear yet?  Maybe hair up - big ear rings - mini skirt and button up blouse...?


The Menu will consist of a cheese board (@Relish here I come for the cheese papers & markers) NY strip steaks and salmon (that I get to pillage from our restaurant walk-in - great perk) - chickpea salad - garden salad - wine/ cocktails for the guests and maybe a cuccumber "mocktail" for me.  Keeping my health and #30dayworkoutchallenge in mind (day29) plus @ Neiman's beauty event tomorrow a.m. with my friend Egle and need to be well rested and fresh - lots of "selfies" I foresee. 


Thanks for stopping by,
XOXO LORI