Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Pasta Week

Helllllloooooo TGIF,

I've been taking on part of my "bucket list 2014".  Only a little over half the things done...ugggg Oh well only a list I can keep going.  However I am making pasta from scratch just under the wire for 2014.  It has been going really well - its a lot of work but so worth it.
 Here are some photos and the recipes I've been using and tweaking a bit.  You can see a funny video on my FB page (promise to work on the video skills in 2015- LOL)

Tonight is the big night - having friends over for +PeterLuger steaks and my homemade pasta.  I am doing fettuccine Black and White to be exact.  Using squid in for the black and than topping with 2 seared scallops - and a light white wine cream sauce.  I didn't want to do Alfredo so our Exec. chef at TR helped me decide on the sauce.  Funny how Mike was a little put off I kept kicking him out of the kitchen.   How else am I gonna learn right?  LOL  It was sweet and kindda cute!  Here are the pics.... first was all old school than I for next batch I used my +KitchenAid mixer.









Now off to the store to get the raspberries and make my sorbet and simple syrup in my new little +Cuisinart ice cream/sorbet maker that has been "chillin" in the freezer this week.  Be sure to ck out tomorrows post and instagram for dinner party photos!  Yeah!  Thanks to all for the comments and support - means so much! 

Cheers,

XOXO LORI