Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

As Promised On Yesterday's FB/Instagram Ginger Carrot Soup

TGIF!


Yesterday I posted a picture of a delicious soup Mike made for me.  I have been feeling a little sluggish and low - happens once a month need I say more......  He has been taking good care of me.  "Awe so sweet thanks again babe!"  Anyway I love my soups and we make some of the best if I can brag a bit.  Well he decided to make a yummy one with tons of ginger in it for me - If you follow and know me at all you know I am just crazy for ginger.  So as promised here is the recipe that my hubby Mike/Chef/ Restauranteur (yup - happy wife).  Hope you like it as much as I did - infact gonna be my lunch today too!  Cheers!


Ingredients
1 pound lb carrots rough chopped/ peeled
2 stalks celery
2 inch ginger peeled thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic
2 cinnamon sticks
1/8 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
1/8 tsp ground clove
1/8 tsp allspice
pinch salt 
black pepper (freshly ground is best to taste)
1 Tablespoon Canaola Oil

Sauté all your vegetables except for the garlic in canola oil with cover on until they are translucent. About 5-6 min low heat you want no color at all on the veggies. Then add your garlic along with all other spices sautéing for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat. Cover with equal parts water & stock (chicken or veggie) You want to cover your saluted veggies by about 1 1/2 inches.  Bring to a boil then cover and put on your lid/cover cook for 45 min. stirring occasionally.  Remove cover carefully use your immersion blender and purée you want some carrot bits/chuncks (for lack of better word).  **For safety I put the immersion blender in the bottom of my pan/pot whether it be soup or stock whichever it is in the bottom and then turn on low you want to be careful of anything splashing up at you when it piping hot, so please just be careful!

Finally ladle into a pretty soup bowl and top with either roasted  pumpkin seeds w/caynee if you like more spice or toasted croutons.  Myself I love Greek yogurt (get some extra protein) mixed with honey and some flaxseeds - stir together and put1 - 2 spoonfuls right on top -  makes it so creamy and simply luscious!  This is such a healthy, filling beautiful soup.  You can do this with many root veggies - keep this in mind now that Spring is here.  Try it out and let me know your thoughts!

 Bon Appétit Enjoy!